Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Olympics I

I like to watch the Winter Olympics, but I'm not sure if I have that much to comment about it. The Web is full of stories, blogs and comments, I'm sure, and I have nothing much to add. I wonder if anybody who is interested actually has time to read any of it, because they're glued to their TV sets.

I'm not sure if I'm that thrilled, but the Games provide at least a nice background noise for the whole day, you can do your chores, knit, exercise and eat while being entertained by the brave and energetic athletes. It's a communal experience, and that's the biggest thrill: knowing there are millions of people watching the same event as you are. Of course it's also a distraction from more important things you probably should be doing in most cases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home