Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Monday, September 10, 2007

I Surrender

Have you ever made a list of "things I want to do before I die"? Very high on my list for over 20 years has been the wish to see David Sylvian perform live. Last Friday my dream came true.

David Sylvian doesn't tour that often, and has never visited Finland, so I thought it's rather unlikely I'll ever witness him playing in concert, but I caught the first night of his The World is Everything tour in Stockholm.

"I won't believe I see David Sylvian before I see David Sylvian" was the feeling I had before the concert, but it didn't get cancelled or the ferry didn't sink on its way to Stockholm (on the way back I didn't really care). The evening was wonderful, the audience very enthusiastic and loving, and I was able to surrender to his voice and the music. I felt very present there and then; peace and togetherness with the world.

Here you can find the setlist and a few words about the performance. Personally I enjoyed listening to the more recent songs the best. As it was (dare I say) rather a sacred experience for me, I can't really find the words to describe the whole thing. It's not really so much about what happened on the stage, but how much it meant to me personally.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home