Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Learning Chinese

I've studied three years of Chinese, but I've forgotten just about everything I've learned. I never learned enough that it would've been useful for much anything, but I have a thing for languages. I think it's kind of magical that you can scribble something on a piece of paper and it actually means something. I never get tired of wondering that basic thing. Written words fascinate me.

Anyway it could prove to be useful to know Chinese, so I'm determined to try again. It would be really stupid of me to just let all the work I've already done go to waste. Unfortunately you don't hear and see Chinese every day everywhere like English, so it really is very easy to forget all you've learned.

I'm rather tired of my old textbooks, so I now got myself a new one, and I find there's a lot of useful things online too, tools to learn. It's interesting to explore them. Below is one link that anyone can check out just for fun. It's a little introduction to Chinese characters, entertaining and maybe little exaggerating on some points too.

Learn To Read And Write Chinese Characters - Animated Tutorials - Dikk Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home