Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Group E (The World Cup)


  • Czech Republic
  • Ghana
  • Italy
  • United States


I thought the Czech Republic was the best team in the Euro 2004 (never mind they didn't win). I wish them lots of luck, although some of their key players might be getting past their prime.

Italy tends to play too cautiously. The players are very skillful, but after they score one goal they just concentrate on defending their lead, and that just doesn't work! Will they ever learn? (And they're always bragging about their "superior tactics". I don't get it!) the scandals in Italy surrounding football might distract them also.

I think the United States might be physically strong and slightly underestimated. I'm sorry again, but except for Michael Essien, Ghana is quite unfamiliar to me. Their friendlies have gone rather well though.

The Czech Republic and Italy to qualify. But there's a good chance for some upsets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home