Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Congratulations to Italy

So Italy won the World Cup. Well done, I'm rather pleased with that. I wish Cannavaro would've won the Golden Ball instead of Zidane, because in this World Cup defenders were the true stars. I also wish Zidane wouldn't have ended his carrier the way he did, but oh well. (I've never really liked him as much as I should have anyway.)

It was my grandmother's funeral on Sunday as well, so I wasn't really as thrilled about football as I might have been otherwise. My grandmother died at the age of 89, and she was ready to leave this world, but still it's quite sad.

So I watched the games, but my heart wasn't always in it. Still I find sports events like this rather comforting, the ones that have long history give me a rare sense of continuity in this fleeting world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home