Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Group A (my World Cup predictions)

The Football World Cup starts with a group stage. There are eight groups, and the top two teams from each group advance to the knockout stage.

I think the usual suspects will do well, but there'll always be some surprises. No-one's yet forgotten how Greece won the European Championships.

In my analysis I favor the teams and players I'm familiar with, and I'm heavily influenced by experts' opinions. :)

(I will most likely edit parts of the posts after getting more information. There are many friendlies being played before the WC, and I'll watch some of those. However I won't be changing my predictions after the games start, naturally!)

Group A


  • Costa Rica
  • Ecuador
  • Germany
  • Poland


Germany is the clear favourite in group A. They're the host nation, and they have a solid team. I think they'll go far.

Costa Rica is most likely the weakest team, and playing in Europe favors Poland. However I'd like to see Ecuador to finish second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home