Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Group B (the World Cup)


  • England
  • Paraguay
  • Sweden
  • Trinidad and Tobago

England and Sweden seem like clear favourites to advance, but Paraguay might surprise them. England has problems with their strikers, but their midfield is very strong. I expect Lampard and Gerrard to score most of their goals. Peter Crouch or Theo Walcott have a chance to become new stars if everything goes perfectly.

I saw some friendlies, and I think Paraguay will have trouble with their defence. Sweden also seems rather confused about their defensive line-up, but they will attack relentlessly (or maybe not, the results lately have been less than promising). As they're our neighbours I pretend to believe in them still. :/

Trinidad and Tobago have Dwight Yorke and Shaka Hislop, but that's not enough to make a good team, sorry guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home