Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Fearless

I just saw the movie Fearless, and I loved it. If it is Jet Li's final martial arts film, as he says, it sure is a great way to end (this part of) his career. (We'll see.)

The fight scenes are spectacular, and the whole movie is just beautiful. I really enjoyed the quieter moments as well, and I have to admit I was moved to tears while watching it. I guess I have a soft spot for Chinese cinema, usually sentimental films just make me feel cynical and cold.

I don't know how they do it, I totally buy the messages of forgiveness and respect in the middle of all the violent action. I must be naive!

Usually I think that the less you know about the real lives of soccer stars and actors the better, but I've always wanted to believe that Jet Li is a hard-working, decent guy with a good heart. It's always healthy to believe in something. :)

"Kung fu is a means to build your self-pride rather than to destroy others," he says. "We are outraged when we are called 'Asia's sickly people.' But if we are strong and believe in ourselves, it doesn't matter what people call us." From a Newsweek interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home