Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Kew Gardens

If you want to read something a little out of the ordinary, something challenging, I might recommend Virginia Woolf's "Kew Gardens". It's a rather short short story, and only a click away.

I didn't like it very much. I couldn't really understand it, as is evidenced by my post. Maybe I should stick to kung fu movies. :)

In truth, I enjoy discussing short stories, even if on A Curious Singularity there are so many elegant and thoughtful posts, that I feel like an inferior (reader and) writer. But the good news is that I don't mind it too much.

Back when I was studying literature for a brief while, I wanted to be good at it so badly, that it all became an overwhelming chore, and I switched to studying other stuff. But that's ancient history, and nobody's interested in giving me grades here. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 02:22, Blogger LK said…

    As I've said before, I'm afraid of Virginia Woolf. Very, very afraid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home