Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Football Fever Rising

The Football World Cup starts in Germany on 9 June 2006, and I'm starting to get excited! The English Premier League is practically over with Chelsea winning the title, and I have to admit they deserved it.

I found this cute and funny Unofficial England World Cup Song: Once, Before I Die. You can watch the video clip and sing along.

It might sound like I'm supporting England, but don't count on it. The first time I watched the World Cup was in 1986, and then I supported them for sure. Usually I like Argentina too, and often I've liked the teams that end up in the third place. Any team can win me over with a little effort. :)

So here are the teams in alphabetical order: Angola, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Holland, Iran, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Mexico, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Serbia & Montenegro, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, USA and Ukraine.

There's no Finland, we've never made it to the World Cup or Euro Cup finals (except women have), but "once, before I die", I hope. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home