Anu in Blogland

My thoughts and interests. Things I've learned.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

Oh my god! Finland has just won the Eurovision Song Contest!

I've watched the show faithfully since I was a kid. Many people hate it, but I've always thought it's great fun.

Finland has entered the contest 40 times, and it's nearly become part of our national identity that we'll never succeed. We're always moaning about that (and about Sweden doing so well), but now all that is over. (I'm not sure I can deal with that...)

Lordi's victory was monstrous, but don't try to tell me they only won because of the shock value, it was a very catchy tune!

"Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn hard rock hallelujah
Demons and angels all in one have arrived
Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn hard rock hallelujah
In God's creation supernatural high"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home